Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Walkin' in Gantt

Mom actually walked on her leg today. As you can see it was frightening, and Frank, the therapist, was right there to help. He says when I come back next time she will be a different person. She said it didn't hurt, so that was a relief. Now I think she'll make great progress.

She can't wait to go walking in out there at the Nursing Home and see everyone!!
Below is one of the "Form vs. Function" issues we had. Mom was using this basket
 beside her bed for all her things she might need in the night.It is a beautiful handmade
 basket, but not my idea of practical.
After biting my tongue several times she finally said " Joanne ,go get that
 blue basket you brought." Function won out!! Chalk one up for Joanne!!
Bob and I will go home tomorrow. We are exhausted, but I was glad that I was able to
 be here and help her through this time. I know she appreciated it.
Glitter Words - http://www.sparklee.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails