Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Peeps



Our preacher gave us Peeps today. I like the fact that he is a hands-on teacher and often gives us manipulatives to help us remember his teachings. The scripture was found in Luke 13: 31-35. 


Just then some Pharisees came up and 
said, "Run for your life! Herod's on the hunt. He's out to kill you!"
Jesus said,"Tell that fox that I've no time for him right now.
 Today and tomorrow I'm busy clearing out the demons and healing the sick;
 the third day I'm wrapping things up. Besides it's not proper for a prophet 
to come to a bad end outside Jerusalem .

Jerusalem, Jerusalem, killer of prophets,
abusers of the messengers of God!
How often I've longed to gather your children,
gather your children like a hen,
Her brood safe under her wings--
but you refused and turned away!
And now it's too late. You won't see me again
until the day you say,
'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.'"
                                                    The Message

Just as a mother hen spreads her wings and huddles with her baby chicks, Jesus is there to protect us. The peep is a reminder of how precious we are to Him and that He will protect us from the fox and anything that might harm us. He gave His life for us on the cross so that we would not suffer. Each day during this Lenten season I will look at the Peep (baby chick) and be reminded of the ultimate sacrifice He made for us. 






Glitter Words - http://www.sparklee.com

masao kitamura

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails